Monday, January 4

Valentine Heart Decor Tutorial

"Jesus Loves Me" is the focal point of this easy tissue paper heart I made with my daughter:
Print "Jesus Loves Me" in white letters on a red background & cut that out in a heart shape. Glue it in the center of a big cardboard heart (We cut ours out of a clean pizza box cover):
Next cut out piles & piles of white and red tissue paper squares:
Use the old-fashioned wrap-each-square-around-the-end-of-a-pencil-and-dab-it-in-some-Elmer's -Glue-method to fill in your Valentine decoration. Be sure to pack them in close so your design looks very full:Our red heart is framed in white. Finished size is 14" x 15". Add a little wire loop for hanging and you're done!
Visit the linkups at A Soft Place to Land & Today's Creative Blog for other crafts.

15 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Love this. It reminds me of when my daughter was little. Her birthday is February 15th so we would sometimes use the Valentine/Jesus Loves Me theme for her birthday celebrations. Thanks.

Delightful Dwelling said...

How cute, what a neat craft idea.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Very cute! I'll have to keep this in mind for the kiddos this next month:)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Very adorable... I'll have to make this project with my daughters. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Lindsay at livingwithlindsay.com posted a similar fabric heart wreath today.

Christina said...

So sweet!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is so pretty! Thanks so much for the idea, I'll be linking.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

oh my gosh! that is gorgeous! So pretty and colorful.
gail

Lei said...

So, so cute. I remember doing tissue paper art in elementary school!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I hope you follow my blog and look forward to getting to know you better.

Cheri

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

So sweet... can't wait to do this!!

Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Show one's gratitude you against sharing. Positively benefit my time.

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Too, too cute! I think my kids would love to help me with this!

Thanks for stopping by my blog-I took your tip and posted some on etsy.

Amanda said...

So smart and cute!!!

I love it! And I love the "Jesus Loves Me"... praise the King!

Blessings-
Amanda

njordon said...

Great craft for Valentine's month! Very few like this online.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...