Tuesday, October 7

Fall + Thanksgiving Wreaths

If you saw my earlier post, you know what I've got on my front door this year. A couple seasons ago I designed this fall wreath for the front door at our old house:The home was a quaint brick two-story and I always loved that old rusty door knocker that came with it. Anyhoo, this particular wreath is also one of the projects in my Inspirational Home book. I fastened a satin ribbon into a bow and gently intertwined it into the wreath. Then I marked the areas of the ribbon tails where I would position my words. I took the ribbon off and penciled in "give" and "thanks." Using burgundy acrylic craft paint, I carefully free-hand painted the letters in a script font. After they were completely dry, I put the ribbon back on the wreath.

This week I received a gorgeous new fall wreath in the mail:
And the best part is, it came with a ribbon that already has a lovely message on it! "Give Thanks to the Lord."
The dried grains make a beautiful arrangement and I love that natural look! It's a new product of DaySpring and can be purchased online here.

(PS: for shutter ideas visit The Inspired Room)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FALL - I love the wreaths :) and I just saw your Christmas prints... very fun! So bummed I'm going to miss you in AR next week, but I know it will be great.
Blessings!

Kimba said...

Hi Jeanne,

I linked to a couple of your posts this morning.

Kimba

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Jeanne, love what you have done, the wreaths are beautiful. I just found your blog and I love it. Have a blessed day.
Debbie

Joy said...

Your wreaths are beautiful!!!

I've enjoyed looking at some of your past posts. You are very creative!

Amber said...

Wow! Both wreaths are gorgeous!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

those shutters are so much like mine. Love the wreath!

Jenny Froh said...

I love the wreath against the shutters... the colors really compliment each other beautifully!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment!

Have a lovely evening!
Jenny

Pearl Maple said...

Fantastic wreaths, like the way you have displayed them.

Heather said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured one of your wreaths on my blog today. Hope you are doing well Jeanne!! :)

Heather
The Gift Closet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...