Friday, July 18

Soffit Idea ... the old-fashioned way!

Happy Friday! Yeah! Tomorrow is a BIG project day in my new art studio AND a very necessary one to finish before we can go further in there ... the floor! I'll post about it when it's done, but suffice it to say I hope THIS plan works! Fingers crossed!!

So, today, I'm going to share a little peak at something I did in our breakfast room two houses ago:I wrote "faith • hope • love" on the soffit. And, no I don't have a picture of the whole thing! :-) I know I DID, but where it is now - who knows. Anyway, I hope you get the idea, which, BTW, went very well with our Connecticut colonial. :-)
Now that wallies exist this project need not be this complicated, but if you want a completely original look .... I taped off a border and ragged-on some white paint. I carefully measured spacing and where each letter should be centered, sketched them in pencil, then painted them free-hand. For a more aged look, I finished it by ragging touches of white over the dried letters.

2 comments:

Dei said...

Lovely. The chandelier is gorgeous.

Misty said...

i love that! you seriously have the best ideas... In fact, I am passing on an award to you, for that very reason- on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...